Rapid weight loss is one of the most desired goals for many people who are on a vegan diet plan.
Many people want to lose weight quickly so they can feel better about themselves and stick to their diet.
Is Vegan Diet Best For Rapid Weight Loss?
There are many ways that rapid weight loss can be achieved, but some methods may not work in conjunction with vegan diet plans.
This blog post will cover what you need to know when creating your vegan diet plan with rapid weight loss as an end goal.
Can Vegan Diet Plan Help You Lose Weight Quickly?
No doubt going vegan can help you lose weight quickly. A vegan diet is one of the best diets for rapid weight loss.
That’s because it eliminates processed foods and unhealthy fats from your diet while providing plenty of healthy fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
A vegan diet is also high in fiber, which can make you feel full and satisfied. Plus, rapid vegan weight loss has been shown to lower your cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Eating vegan meals doesn’t have to be about deprivation. veganism is a great way to enjoy good food while losing weight quickly.
Follow these vegan recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Breakfast: Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- ½ cup spelled flour or all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup vegan milk (almond, rice, or soy)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blueberries (optional)
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder, in a large bowl. Add the vegan milk and vanilla extract to another small bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir together until there are no lumps left in the batter, but do not over mix – vegan pancakes should have some small lumps.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet on medium heat and coat with vegan butter or oil spray.
- Pour about ½ cup of pancake batter into the center of your pan.
- Drop a few blueberries onto the pancake batter.
- When bubbles start to form on top, it’s time to flip your vegan pancakes. Cook for about another minute and then remove vegan pancakes from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining vegan pancake batter, adding vegan butter or oil spray as necessary. Serve hot with maple syrup or vegan butter.
Lunch: Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup vegan margarine (we recommend Earth Balance)
- ½ small onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves or rosemary leaves
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese (we recommend Daiya or Tofutti)
- 14 ounces can full-fat coconut milk
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli, chopped into florets and steamed until tender
- Coat a soup pot with cooking spray, then place the vegan margarine in the pan. Melt over medium heat. Add the onion
- Add salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary (or any other desired herbs) to taste. Pour in the vegan cream cheese and coconut milk, whisking well to combine all the ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the steamed broccoli florets to the vegan cream sauce. Cook for another few minutes, until broccoli, is heated through. Serve hot with vegan breadsticks or crackers of choice.
Dinner: Vegan Burgers
- ½ cup dry red lentils (can also use green)
- ¼ cup vegan egg substitute (we recommend Follow Your Heart vegan egg)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup bread crumbs (can use gluten-free if desired) – ⅓ cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and drain the lentils, then place them in a saucepan with water. Cook for about 12 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Allow cooling for a few minutes before proceeding.
- In a large bowl mix together vegan egg substitute, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a cooled lentil mixture. Add vegan egg substitute and bread crumbs. Stir together to form a thick mixture, adding more vegan eggs as necessary if the mixture is too dry or wet.
- Form vegan burger patties with your hands and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown on top, then flip burgers using a spatula and bake for another few minutes on the other side.
- Serve vegan burger patties on a bun or lettuce wrap with vegan ketchup, vegan mayo, avocado slices, tomato slices, etc.
The benefits of a vegan diet are well-known, but many people find it difficult to transition because they’re worried about how to get enough protein.
For those who want to take on this challenge, there are some tasty vegan meal plans out there that can help you with your weight loss goals.
If you’re not sure where to start or if you’ve ever considered giving up meat for good, check out these recipes above and see what works best for your lifestyle – they might just change your life in more ways than one.