Understanding diabetes, and how it occurs is, when your blood glucose which is also known as blood sugar, shoots up high. Blood glucose is known to be your main energy source from the food you consume.
A hormone made by the pancreas, known as insulin, helps glucose from the food to get into your cells to be used for energy. Over time, having excessive glucose in your blood can seem to cause many health issues although, diabetes does not seem to have any cure;
Treating Diabetes Without Insulin | Can A Diabetic Survive Without Insulin?
A few steps are known helpful to manage your diabetes and to stay healthy, and they are:
- Follow your diabetes meal plan.
- Make exercise a daily routine.
- Take all your medicines.
- Check blood glucose levels
Can you treat diabetes without insulin though? For much type-2 diabetes can be managed without insulin, depending on your history of health. Your doctor could recommend that you manage your type 2 diabetes with the help of a combination of changes in lifestyle, oral medications, and various other treatments. A few things you must know about managing type 2 diabetes without insulin are,
– Lifestyle is important! Having a healthy lifestyle is known to be significant if you are trying to manage your diabetes and lead an easy and healthy life. Eat a well-balanced meal, all the time, make sure you get at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day, five times a week. Complete at least two sessions of activities including muscle-strengthening, per week and get a good amount of sleep.
– Weight Loss Surgery can be considered. Being obese can directly affect your level of diabetes and hence it is important to get rid of all the fat surrounding the body.
– Some treatments can cause side effects! Various medications can be known to cause heavy side effects. The type and risk of side effects can vary from treatment to treatment. Surgeries and other treatments can also cause major side effects.
There are various types of diabetes such as Type 1, Type 2, Gestational Diabetes, and other types like monogenic diabetes which inherits a form of diabetes. If you are 45 or older, you are known to be more likely to develop type 2 disease. In case you have a family history of diabetes or if you are overweight, you are also known to be more likely to have diabetes too.
A life without insulins or pills can look and seem so perfect, isn’t it? A pipe dream! But what if this is possible? There are options available other than insulin, to avoid or manage your diabetes and they are,
A couple of these options other than insulin are available. These options are FDA-approved too. Since everything has its pros and cons, a few side effects are mandatory like mild to moderate nausea, loss of appetite, and issues relating to the eyes.
Keeping your diet in place, everything internally in your body can function the right way for you to improve your quality of life. Making lifestyle changes are known to be extremely important if you have habits or addictions or any sort of issues, but what you breathe, what you see, what you hear, what you consume, all makes you who you are internally and that in turn makes you who you are external.
It is known to be true that a balanced diet can change the game. Starving is never the option before anybody tries to starve themselves, but having everything in moderation is the key to a balanced life, a balanced meal, a balanced, thought process.
Diet is everything, but after this point comes to your routine cycle, how you are throughout your day, what you eat, what you think, what you see, what you choose to be ignorant about, Yes! emotional, mental, and physical state is also a part of a balanced lifestyle. Good enough sleep is also known to be important. 8 hours of sleep helps your body go through a recycling process, getting itself ready and healthy and fresh for the next day.
Since there is no exact cure for diabetes, there sure are many ways to help not touch the line of diabetes. Being mindful can help you in many ways, now we can say!