Dandruff is a common condition that shreds the small bits of dry skin of our scalp. We might see these flakes of dry skin on our shoulders or head. Although dandruff is not a serious condition, it can be quite embarrassing and is difficult to treat.
Commonly, the dead and dried skin of the scalp shreds at a normal rate but when it happens too fast, it causes dandruff. Dandruff usually starts at teenage and may last up to adulthood.
Home Remedies To Cure Dandruff Easily
The main symptoms of dandruff are an itchy scalp and the presence of white flakes. More serious symptoms include redness and yellow bumps on the scalp. The overgrowth of yeast on the scalp is one of the most common causes of dandruff, and this may be because of hormonal imbalance, too much oil on the scalp, or stress.
It can also be caused by many other reasons, such as dry skin, usage of wrong hair products, weather, and other medical conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or eczema. Even though dandruff doesn’t seem like a complicated condition, it is difficult to treat dandruff.
To treat dandruff, it is important to identify the underlying cause of it and treat it accordingly. Most of the dandruff is mild and can be treated by ourselves.
Home remedies to cure dandruff
Many home remedies help in the cure of dandruff permanently which can be used daily. It is important to follow the remedies routinely otherwise it may not help. Here is a list of effective home remedies that will help you in getting rid of dandruff easily:
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil possesses antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties which reduce the growth and treatment of yeast on our scalp, thus treating dandruff.
-Tea tree oil can be mixed with any carrier oil then apply it on the scalp and sit it for 10-20 minutes. It can also be mixed with our daily shampoo. Add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil with your daily shampoo and massage your scalp. Use this remedy twice or thrice a week, you will see a reduction in your dandruff.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is an effective way to treat dandruff as its proponents help in balancing the pH level of the scalp and reducing fungal growth on the scalp.
-You will have to mix the apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water and make it a solution and apply it to your scalp and hair after shampooing
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel is the most common remedy for all your skin and hair problems. The anti-inflammatory and antifungal property of Aloe Vera gel helps in reducing and curing dandruff permanently. Either you can buy Aloe Vera gel products from stores or you can extract the gel from the aloe vera leaves. Apply the gel on your scalp and hair and wash it off with a mild shampoo
- Neem: Neem has antiviral and antifungal properties that reduce dandruff on the scalp and is used to treat multiple skin and hair conditions. It is an easily available product and can be grown at home. You can either chew the neem leaves every morning or you can use the neem oil instead of your carrier oil
- Egg yolk: Egg yolk is another home remedy that is very effective in treating dandruff and is easily available to use. The fatty acids of egg yolk moisturize the scalp of your head, hence reducing the flakiness and itchiness of your head. Mix the egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of lemon and make it a solution. Apply the solution to your scalp and sit it for one hour and then wash it off with your daily shampoo.
Add the remedies to your hair routine and be consistent in the routine. Along with all these remedies, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and be mentally stress-free for the cure of dandruff.
Also, find the right shampoo for your hair and do not use the shampoo excessively. Getting rid of dandruff can be a burden but with the right remedy, it is easy to prevent and control your dandruff. If dandruff doesn’t go away after being treated by you and lasts more than 6 weeks, it is important to consult an expert and get advice.