Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell is one of the popular products of the brand Bowflex. It is a plastic bell with a series of adjustable weights along with an ergonomic handle. This workout equipment is designed in such a way that it can be comfortably used at home without taking up too much space for storage. It effectively replaces the need for multiple kettlebells and acts as a single package of varying weights ranging from 8 to 40 lbs. The SelectTech mode refers to the flexibility of changing your weights as per your need or exercise. The sleek designs and versatility are additional factors that make Bowflex Select 840 Kettlebell ideal for a home gym. Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell review explains to you more features of this product and why it stands out from the regular kettlebells.
Bowflex SelectTech 840 Reviews – Is It The Ideal Personal Gym?
But first of all, have you ever tried kettlebell training? If not, you may surely want to give it a try, and here’s why! Apart from your usual exercise routines, kettlebells can provide you with the benefits of a complete workout all at once.
They also promote the best body toning and are an active performer of calorie burning. Although there are varied types and sizes of kettlebells that you must have already seen at the gym or fitness shops, there are two main types of kettlebells known as the standard iron cast and competition kettlebells. Another reason to use kettlebells is that they allow faster and easier lifting compared to your regular weight lifting programs.
From looks, you might be thinking of it as quite difficult. But kettlebells are one of the easiest fat reduction and muscle-building tools that even beginners can master in as little as 15 to 20 minutes! Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell with its adjustable weights and versatility eliminates the need for regular lifting or pulling.
You also needn’t purchase different kettlebells as you progress. Bowflex kettlebells are rapidly becoming the customer’s favorite and you will understand the reason as you continue reading Bowflex SelectTech 840 reviews.
|Product Name||Bowflex SelectTech 840|
|Available Weights in One System||8,12, 20, 25, 35, and 40|
|Dimensions||8.8″ L x 7″ W x 12.5″ H (22.4 x 17.8 x 31.8 cm)|
What Is Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell?
Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell is a combo of 6 weights, each of which can be accessed via the mechanical dial. It is versatile and requires less space.
The measurements are provided in the SelectTech dial which is the weight selection dial and can be easily controlled making it the simplest replacement for resistance and strength training. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, SelectTech 840 helps to comfortably lift weights at your convenience.
As we know, the weight ranges from 8 lbs to 40 lbs which means that you can switch to any of them without using other kettlebells or dumbbells. You will be receiving the effects of 6 different kettlebells through one, and it takes up less space and money.
Although most people buy several products for their home gym, each for specific exercises, Bowflex SelectTech 840 is suitable for any and every type of training and impacts the body entirely.
What Are The Features Of Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell?
The following are the various features of the Bowflex SelectTech 840 unique kettlebell:
- It has a mechanical dial with 6 weights that you can select and switch as per your need.
- It can be used for any type of workout.
- The weight plates are securely enclosed within the plastic bell, and when not in use can be placed on a stack.
- It has a round metal handle that is ergonomic. This helps to have stronger control over the kettlebell and enables easy transition between swings. It also reduces pain and promotes comfortable lifting.
- The thick plastic exterior protects the bell from cracking.
- The company provides 24 kettlebell exercise videos by top trainers and are easy to follow.
- The single-weight package saves a lot of space and money.
Working Of Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebells
As we know, the weight plates are securely locked inside the kettlebell. During exercise, just adjust the dial to the weight of your desire, and you are all set to work out for the day! There is no requirement for additional appliances as you can use Bowflex SelectTech 840 throughout each of your training regimes.
Thus you can make faster progress in muscle building and do not have to clean or arrange all the kettlebells as there is only one.
While using the kettlebell in the topmost position, hold it on either side such that it is horizontal. Also, while swinging or twisting, remember to keep the kettlebell turned away from you and hold onto the handles firmly to prevent any accidental injury.
Once you are done with the exercises, ensure to keep it back on the plastic tray that you have received along with the set. The kettlebell sits perfectly on the tray and you do not have to clean any scattered weight plates.
Despite Bowflex SelectTech 840 is larger, it does not pose many issues. Ensure to wipe the metal handle in between intervals as the sweat from your hands can result in poor gripping.
What Are The Benefits To Be Expected From Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell?
Bowflex SelectTech 840 kettlebells provide almost the same benefits as any other kettlebell but 6 times more powerful as it already has inbuilt weight plates of varying ranges. These are the results that you will gain-
- You will be achieving faster weight loss and easier muscle build.
- It improves your energy levels, balance, coordination, and flexibility.
- Your overall toning increases at a faster rate.
- You will be able to easily perform traditional weight lifting as you have attained much practice from the kettlebell.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell?
Bowflex SelectTech 840 kettlebell does grant numerous benefits but no product is ever 100% perfect and it has its negative aspects. This is an honest Bowflex SelectTech 840 Adjustable Kettlebell review and you as the audience deserve to know both sides of the product. Here are the various pros and cons of this kettlebell:
- It provides the effects of 6 kettlebells through one.
- It is equally effective for both beginners and experts.
- The dial mode enables easy weight switching.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It requires less room and can be easily maintained.
- The metal round handles allow a better grip and transition.
- It offers all the benefits of resistance and strength training.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
- It offers special kettlebell training videos for effective practice.
- It provides free shipping services in the United States.
- It has a hard outer shell which makes the kettlebell bulky compared to others.
- The plastic base can crack if not carefully handled.
- Even though the weight plates are locked inside the plastic bell, they are exposed at the bottom. While swinging the kettlebell, you may feel like the weight plates will fall out making it difficult to concentrate.
- The plates rattle inside the bell most of the time making irritating noises
- Since the kettlebell is purely mechanical, more grip strength is required to adjust the weights.
- As the handles are made using metal, it does not absorb water. This can make it difficult to maintain the grip while sweating. They are also thin compared to other kettlebells.
- It does not offer international shipping.
Bowflex SelectTech 840 Price And Where To Purchase?
Visit the official page of Bowflex where you find all their products along with the kettlebell. Besides the effects of the Bowflex kettlebell, this product is highly and only affordable for those in the United States. The manufacturer provides a limited period offer to U.S citizens wherein you will have 100% free shipping charges and fast delivery.
1 Bowflex SelectTech 840 kettlebell costs $179.The maximum quantity in which you can buy this product is 5. Accordingly, the price would go up. You can also apply a coupon code to have price deductions. Or if you don’t have the code, you can directly move on and fill in your address details by simply clicking the check-out button.
If Bowflex SelectTech 840 does not meet your needs, the manufacturer requests you to contact their Customer Support Center within 6 weeks of delivery for a complete refund.
Here are the various users of Bowflex SelectTech 840 sharing their experiences with this product.
“Loved the product! It truly does not take up much space which was the best part as the rooms in my apartment are quite small. I was eager to buy the traditional weights but the lack of space made it impossible. Bowflex SelectTech 840 with its 6 weight plates is a real savior!”
– Danielle, Brooklyn.
“The pandemic left me with no choice but to work out from home and I had nothing to practice with. And as I was searching for some simple exercise tools I came across Bowflex SelectTech 840. I was just a beginner at weight lifting and the features of this product and customer reviews gave me hope it might work out. I’m very happy to let you know that I’m now able to pull off 15 lbs within the past 1 year. I know I have a lot more to go but the adjustable weights of this kettlebell helped me to lift weights comfortably.”
– Ryan, L.A
“I have been using kettlebells for years and among all those, Bowflex kettlebells are quite great! Although they are larger just like the regular ones, the versatility and design are pretty amazing. The weight plates do make a bit of noise while I’m swinging the kettlebell. At the same time, weight dials are impressive. I could change it for any exercise without the need for additional weights. Overall, it’s pretty great! I received my second set last week.”
– David, Missouri.
“I happened to come across Bowflex kettlebells while I was reading a weight lifting blog. The features surprised me and I decided to give it a try. I have only begun regular workouts in the past few months and I’m glad that I bought this product. I can use this kettlebell from anywhere in my house and seeing it lying around actually encourages me to work out more. I have been studying the weights and the adjustable dial is a massive help! I would love to check out more of Bowflex.”
– Lewis, Minnesota.
Final Verdict – Bowflex SelectTech 840 Reviews
Kettlebells themselves are a great choice to attain the perfect toned body of your desire. But since they take up too much space and you have to spend a ton of money on buying each of them, most people depend on the gym.
Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebells is one of the simplest devices that you can use for your home gym. Now that you have seen from Bowflex SelectTech 840 Adjustable customer reviews, how most of them reported that it does not take up much space, the product saves you a lot of effort of having to keep a separate room for the gym.
The metal handles, the mechanical dials and the weight plates in a plastic bell acts as a complete package for weight lifting. The plastic material allows for easy cleaning and the kettlebell training videos which you can access from their website make it even easier for beginners to give a shot at weight lifting.
Also, with Bowflex SelectTech 840 being U.S based, the free shipping services are admirable, especially in these times of the pandemic when the gyms are closed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Can Bowflex Kettlebells be used by beginners?
– Yes, it is suitable for both beginners and experts. A common piece of advice is to not lift huge weights all at once as it can lead to severe injury. The weight plates present in this kettlebell range from 8 lbs to 40 lbs. It has a mechanical dial that allows you to increase your weight as you progress. The dial can also be used to decrease the weight if you are feeling pressured.
2. Can I add Bowflex Kettlebells to my regular fitness set?
– Bowflex Kettlebells are a great addition to your regular fitness equipment. You can use it for any of your exercises and attain a faster calorie burn.
3. How many Bowflex Kettlebells should I buy?
– You can buy a maximum of 5 Bowflex Kettlebells and accordingly you will have to lay a bigger amount.